Avery Glasser has spent the past 12 years focusing on various aspects of contact center automation, enhanced voice services, biometrics, security architecture and network architecture design. He is a regular speaker at speech recognition, voice biometrics and strong authentication seminars, conferences and webcasts.
When not working on technology projects, he can be found at one of his regular barstools discussing beer and cocktails.
- Junction Networks – Director of Product
Junction Networks is a provider of VoIP services for the SMB market.
- Bittermens Bitters – Co-Founder
Bittermens Bitters creates artisan, handmade cocktail bitters.
- VxV Solutions – Co-Founder and CTO
VxV Solutions was founded to bring strong authentication technologies, with a focus on Speaker Verification, to mass-adoption web and voice applications. Avery still supports VxV Solutions as Advisor to the Board.
- Opus Research – Analyst
Opus Research is one of the premier analysis, research and consulting houses in the voice/conversational access technologies market.
- VoicInt Telecommunications GmbH (Cologne, Germany) – Director of Product
Designed a fundamental platform to enable carriers to allow small and medium business customers to self-provision voice applications
- VOICE.TRUST AG (Munich, Germany) – VP Product
Re-architected biometric product line to support VoiceXML
- Genesys Telecommunications GmbH (Munich, Germany) – Senior Sales Engineer, Managed Services Europe
Responsible for architecting Genesys’ first European voice portal deployments, as well as handling carrier network redesigns
- Genesys Telecommunications Labs (California) – Product Manager
Brought in via the acquisition of Telera to manage Genesys’ first enterprise IVR platform: Genesys Voice Portal
- The Hartford (Connecticut) – Project Manager, Telecommunications and voice applications
Architected a five year plan to overhaul voice architecture, implemented first commercial application to use the name and address Dialog Modules
- MCI (California) – Sr. Product Manager
Managed the world’s largest hosted IVR platform and implemented the first speech recognition application for commercial use on a carrier hosted platform